Baberaham Lincoln's uncommon cent

Well, I would tell you what I'm wanting to post about but it may be too controversial...

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Tolerance

What does that mean as a teacher who is a Christian in a public school? I'm trying to figure it out because I find myself being ok with not mentioning Christmas, but ok to speak about all the other "Holidays" celebrated by others this time of year....Why is that? It seems that if I speak of another celebration, every one is taken back. Is it because we are so closed minded that we couldn't believe that there are nonbelievers in our midst (Is that a word?) I want my students to know about others so they can be tolerant, but I also want them to be witnesses. I hate this stuff!!!

Shouldn't I be upset that all the mainstream stores say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? If so, then something is terribly wrong with me and I can't figure out what it is.

We got a great piece of furniture for Christmas. I've been wanting one for a long time and got what I wanted. The only problem is I'm afraid that it will be more in the way than enjoyed. Everytime I see the infomercial for a TotalGym I get all excited about working out. Well, now I'm the proud owner of one. Hopefully, it won't be used to a clothes rack like all the other exercise equipment we've acquired over the year.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I am sure the total gym will be a great addition to your home. Hey, we hope you guys have a Merry Christmas. Oh, Happy Holidays too!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    hahahaha...

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Johnny T said…

    I just started working with Megan Mooney - you know here right/

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    John, do you really think P. check's this thing ;)

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Kel said…

    scooby doo, where are you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home