Baberaham Lincoln's uncommon cent

Well, I would tell you what I'm wanting to post about but it may be too controversial...

Sunday, November 19, 2006

2 points

Well, this is one of those moments where you just had to be there, but I'm so proud of my girl that I have to tell the story. We have entered the world of rec league ball. It has been very entertaining watching little kids run the ball court dribbling with no idea of what is going on. It seems as if everyone is running somewhere, but their not sure really where. Yesterday, was a game with times of boredom and times of great excitment. In the second quarter, our tall one was called off the bench to play. Usually she stand in one spot with her hands in the air, but something was different. She was moving around a bit, yelling for the ball. When it was thrown her way (which was 3-5 times), she missed it or grimaced and got out of the way:) And we (her dad and I ) were saying under our breaths, "Don't throw it to her.....oh man!!!" The buzzer rang, indicating half time. At the half, our precious just sat and watched as the rest of her team mates shot around. I was thinking her playing time was over, but I was wrong. During the 4th quarter, she is called back into the ball game. Something has happened. She is running to the ball. She is trying to steal it. She hasn't figured out rebounding or defense, but she is still going for the ball. She is at the right place at the right time. My laid back girl is being aggressive. The opponent is bringing the ball down the court, she crosses half court, something happens and my precious ends up with the ball. She begins to dribble to the goal. Everyone is yelling. I'm shouting, "Throw it to K_ _ _ _!" She is ball handler, but precious just keeps going. She gets to the yellow line, throws up the ball and it goes in. I couldn't believe it. She dribbled and shot and made it. I am standing up yelling my loudest when she turns around with the biggest smile on her face. At that moment, my eyes water and I know she is having fun. She scored her first 2 points. We are very proud. Luckily, there was a mom videoing the whole thing. I can't wait to get a copy. This is something that we will always cherish.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    That is pretty cool! Our kids keep on amazing us. We were sorry that we missed you while we were in JC!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    YEAH!!!!! Jordyn!

    oh, and I mailed your shirt.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Kel said…

    Hi! That is cool. I wish my kids were athletic. No such luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home