Baberaham Lincoln's uncommon cent

Well, I would tell you what I'm wanting to post about but it may be too controversial...

Monday, October 16, 2006

1. Saw a fox the other day. It was about 8:00 in the morning and my hubby said, "Come quick, somethings outside..." So I came running and saw this beautiful fox leaping towards the woods. It had the bushiest tail.

2. The turkeys had been traveling thru the yard, but deer season has opened and they've disappeared. I kind of miss them. It became a daily ritual to see what time of day they would be here and how many would be in the group. We think we have 2 groups of turkeys that come this way. One group is mostly adults and very big. The other group is smaller which we think are the babies we saw earlier this year.

3. Bear tracks at school. I was planning an excursion on the school nature trail to go on a pretend bear hunt. Some one has placed ceramic black bears on the trail and the preK kids really enjoy this song we sing about a Bear Hunt. So being the wonderful teacher I am, I planned a bear hunt. Well, the teacher that uses the building at the entrance of the trail advised me not to go on the trail because of a bear track she found in the mud. The bear also left his paw marks on the concrete after being in the mud. Darn. No bear hunt for us.

4. Left for school the other morning and noticed the cows were trying to mate. This was my daughters first encounter with these such things....She was laughing and laughing and asked, "Why are those cows stacking up like that?" So I say, "They are trying to make babies." Her response, "Huh?" and that ended that conversation.

5. I am very excited about a real costume party that we have been invited to. It is mandatory that we dress up. I have a clown outfit, but that sounds boring. Does anyone have any suggestions for cheap costumes for my family?

6. Sold the Land Rover for $2100.00. Gave $1100 for it. So not a bad deal.

7. We are now the proud owners of a Toyota Tacoma. Won't I look cute?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Johnny T said…

    whoa penny- that's alot of keen observation. back in my day of academia i had this class about natural history and we spent alot of time observing nature's ebb and flow. how the leaves change from the top of the mountain down and what causes certain leaves to reflect red and others yellow. we tracked what birds were migrating and took note of the fall and spring ephemeral blooms. it sounds like you may have enjoyed that class too.
    what year is the tacoma, is it a 5 speed, and will you be selling it too?

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    well... if that don't light yur fire yur woods wet ((said in a thick southern accent))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home