Baberaham Lincoln's uncommon cent

Well, I would tell you what I'm wanting to post about but it may be too controversial...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday

1. I love fall. It is a great time here. The view is beautiful with all the leaves changing colors. Also, there are apple orchards within 30 minute drive from here. This weekend we enjoyed powdered apple cider doughnuts and apple cinnamon bread. Yum............. We plan on going over to the orchard as a family outing soon. Can't wait for more treats. Anyone up for a road trip can drive on down and join us for some apple pickin.

2. Total change of subject... In my profession I work with young children. This year it seems I have been blessed with 6 children who have their own agenda and it doens't agree with mine. I don't like having to be a "bad" guy all day, but I will not be controlled by this group of kids. I swear this is the first time these 6 have been told no. Today I was hit in the face and headbutted in the back. No, these precious ones were not sent to the office because I don't believe in that for my class, but I did have some words for them. I am going to start taping the SuperNanny for some parenting classes that I'm going to conduct. Won't that be interesting?

3. Are dreams real? I've been having some real strange dreams and 1 has me pretty scared so all you Freuds give me your opinions.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Tonya said…

    you're much more patient than I would be- my students would have been over my knee in half a heartbeat!

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger f1rststory said…

    1 - Fall is fun - maybe we can come down there soon and check out this thing called an apple orchard...

    2 - beat 'em - no just kidding. Maybe you should put up a vid cam in your room and show their parents and the principal. The supernanny is great - we've learned things from her.

    3 - ok - tell me your dream. Email it to me...tomorrow is therapudic thursday and I can analyze it for you. It doesn't always have to be about me ya know...hahahaha

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger f1rststory said…

    not - the dream...my posts...

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger BirkenEarthyKel said…

    1. Why don't you just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

    2. Watch out, Tonya's breaking out the paint sticks. I think the hardest part about your job Penny, is that whatever behaviors you instill in your children's while they're at school, you have to reestablish that behavior everyday because as soon as they get home, it's out the window. I would talk with the parents if they will listen. Or, you could reccommend Ridalin..hahahha, JK! Other than that, I have no other source of info besides to ostrasize them, and beat them. You'd only have to do it twice. OOOOHH!! You could break out the old whipping them on the palms of their hands with a ruler!

    3. you know what, when I was home this last summer, I kept having horrible nightmares. They were all about one of my kids being killed and my being completely helpless, and each one was the same kid but a completely different scenario. Believe it or not, I talked to a psychic, and another really great friend of mine who does chakra and energy work. Anyway, it was beneficial, not that I think you take either of those options. BUT, it did help. Did you ever start yoga? I really believe that when your life starts handing you things like bad dreams, or weird dreams, you are out of balance somewhere. Yoga is really good for grounding yourself and reestablishing that balance. You also might want to think about taking some valerian root a few hours before bedtime. It will give you a more restfull sleep and put you past the dreaming phase. Just some suggestions. Then again, I am taking psychology right now. So, feel free to shoot your dream on over to Tim and I'll see what kind of Fruedian crap I can come up with.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger f1rststory said…

    HAHAHAHAHA - Kelly - it's probably just indigestion...

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Baberaham said…

    uh, Kelly, I don't believe in the Harry Potter stuff....I remember hearing valerian root mentioned in one of the books....

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger BirkenEarthyKel said…

    Hahaha, trust me, as a Harry Potter know-it-all, valerian root was never never mentioned. Seriously, you should try it. It works REALLY well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home