Baberaham Lincoln's uncommon cent

Well, I would tell you what I'm wanting to post about but it may be too controversial...

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Logging

I think I've done some of the hardest work I've ever done this week. On Tuesday, we went to my mom's and helped her with some trees. My husband and my dad cut the trees down, while my mom, me, 3 kids, and my 86 year old grandpa drug brush. That is hard work especially in this weeks heat. We tried to get my grandpa to stop, but he couldn't and wouldn't. The kids were a great help until one of them got into a bees nest. Then my dad and my mom ended up getting stung. Our neighbor joked that she was going to sue my dad for unlawful child labor because her grandson helped us too. And if working at my mom's was not enough with trees, my husband decided to go to our property "to clean it up". Of course, I thought he was going to piddle on the backhoe and would not need my help. I was wrong. I had to go and while he sat on the backhoe knocking down trees, etc., I again was dragging brush. That was awful. We've done that for 2 days. Yesterday we had a huge brush fire. It is amazing how different our land looks now. We are about to have a place cleared to put a house. About 2 more days work and that should do it. Anyway, logging and brush dragging are 2 jobs that stink. I think all of you who are house building should truly experience clearing of land to really get a good idea of what it's like to prepare to build a house.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    I think this is in my near future. Have you seen the trees on the ground behind our house?

    Sure you can help....you are so sweet! ;)

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Wow, you are turning into a real mountain women!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger f1rststory said…

    ummm...chris already helped us once... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home