Baberaham Lincoln's uncommon cent

Well, I would tell you what I'm wanting to post about but it may be too controversial...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Drivers Ed

Remember when you were 15 and taking drivers ed? I loved the class. 4 weeks of lecture and then the rest of the sememster was spent behind the wheel. Oh how I wished I hadn't memorized my answers for the test.....I finally registered myself with this wonderful state today by barely getting my drivers license. I was supposed to register way back last year when I moved, but being the rebellious person I am, I refused. I had a car wreck in January and was told by the ever so very nice state patrol to get registered within 30 days or else. (I've been wondering what he would have done to me if I hadn't since I didn't... I've not seen him since that January night that Heath Shular saved me from getting 2 tickets) Anyway, I had decided to wait until my license expired which would have been in 2007. I was planning on no tickets or wrecks. But my insurance company kept calling wanting my drivers license number from this state. I've had 4 phone calls and 1 letter. So I thought, just go get your license. Ok. I went one day this summer to get it and did not have my SS card with me. So they would not even let me do it because I did not have the paperwork needed. Well, I was going to be in town today and thought that this day was the day to get my license so I went to the DMV. I had to wait 30 minutes and then they called me over. First I had to verify all my information then take a vision test. I did great on the sight part because I have perfect eyes thanks to lasik, but then I had to identify 15 road signs. Ok.... not so easy. I haven't looked at a drivers handbook in years. I told the truth when I didn't know (which caused my husband great pain that I didn't fake it) and I didn't know about 5 signs. Then I had to take a test. Oh my... that was interesting. I tried to guess but I realized that I lived in a different state with different laws and what I know about that state may not be true about this one. So mulitple guess it was. I was sweating when i finished because I knew in my heart I had failed. I could only miss five. I watched that lady grade my paper and she marked 5 wrong very early and she still had more that half the test to grade....great I thought. I've got to come back. How embarrassing. Well, I saw the answer key and I saw my answers and there were plenty more wrong, but the lady passed me.... Can you believe it? I can't, but I'm glad I don't have to go back like some teenagers do.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Tonya said…

    i had to take that same test a few months ago- that road sign one was HARD! I didn't know a bunch of them, but the guy testing me was so very nice- he kept giving me hints like "see that building on there? what kind of building does it look like...can't you just see all the kids pouring out of that building at 3:00?" OH, wait, now i see it, it's a school crossing sign! (duh!) :) Still haven't registered my car yet (we're such rebels!) my registration expires this month though, so i'm out of time...

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger sekondstory said…

    Glad to know the DMV people aren't the bullies they used to be. ;)

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Baberaham said…

    What ever you do Tonya, do not register your car in this state in which we live. It will cost you a car tax (which you've already paid when you bought the car, road usage tax, title transfer cost, and something else). You'll walk out of there with a bill over 200 bucks. Call before you go or you will have to go again with the correct paperwork.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Tonya said…

    yeah, i know. unfortunately my current registration (which we got 2 weeks before coming here) expires the end of this month. I went to register it in Jan, but didn't have all the paperwork (lost my title) and I'm just now getting back around to it...takes time to gather that much money!! :) I'm just glad I only have 1!
    thanks for the advice :)

     
  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger BirkenEarthyKel said…

    hahahaha, you make me laugh!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    When we moved, I did not have to do anything except the vision test. We did pay a fortune for our car titles to be transfered.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Tonya said…

    we di it! $233 later and one day to spare, we are finally legal in this wonderful state. now for the inspection...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home